GREAT CAREER ASPIRATIONS THROUGH GREAT CAREERS ADVICE AND GUIDANCE
During Year 8 students will be working with their own tutor group and year group on a range of careers related activities. The key area will be to prepare students for the decision making for option choices. Teaching staff and tutors will take an active part in advising and guiding in consultation with parents. Enrichment activities are key to every year group.
Year 8 students will be doing the following:
- Making well informed option choices.
- Attending Options Evening with parents.
- Attending an Options Taster Day.
- Target setting for discussion with parents at Student Review Day.
- Role model work.
- Mentoring sessions with tutors on option choices.
- 1-2-1 option sessions with Senior Leadership Team when needed.
- Career aspirations questionnaire.
- Careers research on websites.
- Taking part in Activities week - TFest and Enrichment activities
- Diplomat Training.
- Torches to record achievement out of school as well as in school.
- After school Enrichment.
- After school sports programme - representing school.
- Charity Fund Raising throughout the year.
- Student voice.
- Foreign Exchange.
- School Musical productions.
- First Aid - workshops to be delivered by St Johns Ambulance.
- Team building - activities and games that will develop team work and leadership.
- Problem solving - activities that will develop creativity and overcoming problems in a team.
- Presentation Skills - develop skills needed for presenting.
- Speaking to an Audience - Workshop to develop skills of how to speak in front of large audiences.
- SSAT qualification - Student leadership accreditation qualification.
- Interview/Leadership training - develop an understanding of how to be a strong leader.
Year 8 students enjoyed the Creative Conductors E.ON workshop that was held at Toot Hill School in October 2016.
Have a look at www.successatschool.org which offers advice and information on how subjects can be linked to a variety of careers.