GREAT CAREER ASPIRATIONS THROUGH GREAT CAREERS ADVICE AND GUIDANCE
During Year 8 students will be working with their own tutor group and year group on a range of careers related activities. The key area will be to prepare students for the decision making for option choices. Teaching staff and tutors will take an active part in advising and guiding in consultation with parents and senior leaders.
Year 8 students will be doing the following:
- Making well informed option choices.
- Attending Options Evening with parents.
- Attending an Options Taster Day.
- Guest speakers for all tutor groups - discussing a range of careers.
- Personal development, reflection and target setting with tutor.
- Role model work.
- Mentoring sessions with tutors on option choices.
- 1-2-1 option sessions with Senior Leadership Team when needed.
- Career aspirations questionnaire.
- Careers research on websites.
- Taking part in Activities week - TFest and Enrichment activities
- Diplomat Training.
- Torches of experience to record achievement out of school as well as in school.
- After school Enrichment.
- After school sports programme - representing school.
- Charity Fund Raising throughout the year.
- Student voice.
- Foreign Exchange.
- School Musical productions.
- STEM activities